The club is a non-profit organisation and strives to keep the fees to a minimum.
Some of the costs that have to be covered are:
(1) individual team registration & insurance with WCBA (each season),
(2) hire of courts for training,
(3) weekly game score sheet fees,
(4) general operating expenses of the club.
In order to register with the club, proof of your date of birth is required (photocopy of birth certificate or extract). Upon registering with the club, you also become registered with the Whittlesea City Basketball Association and the V.A.B.A. You are not allowed to play with any other club in this Association without a clearance being signed by the secretary of the club.
The following fees are to be paid each season (there are two seasons in a year):
- $50 registration to secure your child’s spot in a team
- $210 fees, reduced to $200 if paid on or before the set due date
Total fees per season: $260, reduced to $250 if paid on or before the set due date.
If you choose to make your child play a second game in a higher age group, the cost for the second game will be $80.
The season fee is payable by each player for the season regardless of the number of games played or the amount of training sessions attended. Payment is expected to be paid on time. Players not registered will not be placed in a team.
Payment can be made by one of the following options:
(1) Internet Banking - make sure player first and last names are clearly labelled.
Commonwealth Bank - BSB: 063-590 Account No.: 1010 7320
(2) Cheque, made payable to “South Morang Basketball Club Inc.”
(1) attend training and games regularly,
(2) advise coach or team manager if unable to attend training or games,
(3) pay season fees promptly.
SEASONS and TEAMS:
There are two seasons per year:
Season Period Birthday cut-off
Winter February to June 30th June
Summer July to December 31st December
These seasons normally work in conjunction with the school terms.
Teams are entered for boys and girls in under 8(mixed), 10, 12, 14, 16, 19 age groups.
Venues available at present are:
Epping High School, McDonalds Rd Epping
Mill Park Basketball Stadium
Morang South Primary School
Training times and venues are dependent on availability of courts and also coach’s requirements.
COACHES / TEAM MANAGERS
Anyone helping out at the club over the age of 18yrs MUST have a Working With Childrens Check.
When applying for this online the details for the organisation are as follows:
SOUTH MORANG BASKETBALL CLUB
PO BOX 1067
Craigieburn VIC 3064
Contact Person: Margaret Bate
PH: 8733 9090